Most recent updates, plus other notes:
January 1, 2009
- Updated the Links, Verify, FAQ, and Preservation Pages
- Added the Delaware & Hudson station in Greenfield (Saratoga).
- Added the New York Central station in Beaver River (Herkimer).
- Added the New York Central freight house in Holley (Orleans).
- Added the Long Island RR station in Valley Stream (Nassau).
- Added the New York Central station in Prospect (Oneida).
- Removed the EL freight house in the Twon of Niagara (Niagara). It was torn down in 2008.
- Removed the Delaware & Hudson station in Corinth (Saratoga). It was torn down in late 2007.
- Removed the Ulster & Delaware station in Olive (Ulster). It was not the station.
- Removed the LIRR station in Oceanside (Nassau). It was torn down in 2002. The new one was built in 2003.
- Removed the New York Central freight house in Palmyra (Wayne). It burned down 4/20/2007.
- Updated photos for the NYC at Nelliston (Montgomery), NYC at Alton (Wayne), DL&W at Perkinsville (Steuben), D&H at Bainbridge (Chenango), NYC at East Rochester (Monroe), LV at New Woodstock (Madison), DL&W at Leicester (Livingston), D&MM at Dansville (Livingston), RS&E at Savannah (Wayne), DL&W at Minetto (Oswego), NYC at Oswego (Oswego), DL&W at Painted Post (Steuben).
- Get your photos of the DL&W station at Perkinsville (Steuben) and the Erie station in Forrestville (Chautauqua) soon. They are not long for this world.
- Updated the Picture Page (5 new photos).
- The Cochecton Preservation Society is having another fundraiser in their efforts to save the Erie's Cochecton station, considered to be the oldest surviving station in NY State. They have compiled a CD of railroad songs. I have a copy. It's well-done, professional, and nicely packaged. They are selling fast, so consider picking up a copy today. Their address, for more information, is: Cochecton Preservation Society, PO Box 242, Cochecton NY 12726. All sales and donations go to the preservation of the station.